Saturday, July 30, 2011

Just Say No To Plastic Bags!!!

My fellow classmate, Marissa Acuna, posted a blog recently about the recent push from the Austin Mayor to ban plastic bags at all Austin stores.  I agree that plastic bags could pose a danger wildlife, or create pollution in the environment.  However, I do not believe that a  "ban" should be placed on what supplies companies can use.  I believe that citizens should be as aware of the environment as they can, but not all are.  I believe that the stores that care about the environment and their reputation should do everything they can to help and if that entails banning plastic bags, then I am all for it.  However, I don't think the city should be telling any company what it can and cannot do.  I'm not saying I am one of them, but some people do not see the benefit of spending more money for paper bags, than saving the money and using plastic bags, even if the environment is at risk.  Overall, I believe it should be the decision of the company or store on what supplies they will use, and if customers are not okay with it, they can shop elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment